//Ben Atkins - Headspace, E72
Manage episode 351313532 series 2122820
This week in the Dentology Podcast Andy and Chris talk to Dr Ben Atkins, dentist and past President of the Oral health Foundation. He believes the key to great dentistry is clear two-way communication between patient and dentist and he’s a regular contributor on dentistry in the media.
In this episode, Ben reflects on his career to date and explains why dentistry appealed to him over all the other medical professions.
He talks about his journey from being an associate through to practice ownership, the reasons behind his decision to sell his group of practices and tells us about the activities outside of dentistry that now keep him ‘busy as a bee’!
- Why did you choose dentistry?
- What was it that appealed to you?
- The importance of patient communication
- The steps from Associate through to selling
- Your interests now you are no longer a practice owner