Psychologist & Eating Disorder Clinician, Juliette Thomson | How To Navigate The Mental Health Impacts Of Living With Coeliac Disease & Following A Gluten Free Diet
Manage episode 376569399 series 3008837
A Gluten Free Podcast
My guest on today’s episode is psychologist & eating disorder clinician, Juliette Thomson. We’ll define eating disorders & body image, discuss signs and symptoms of someone struggling with coeliac disease and provide helpful tips for how to navigate the psychological impacts of living with coeliac disease and following a gluten free diet.
What we’ll cover:
* Juliette’s daughter’s coeliac disease diagnosis
* Juliette’s experiences in private psychological practice, hospitals & eating disorder services and how her daughter’s diagnosis changed her approach to psychology
* Defining eating disorders & body image (particularly in relation to coeliac disease)
* Signs & symptoms of mental health issues and how they may manifest themselves in someone living with coeliac disease or being on a strict gluten free diet
* Using communication and expressing our needs when dealing with the anxiety around cross contamination and people making food for us with coeliac disease
* The mental health impacts of coeliac disease & tips on how listeners can improve their own mental health or for someone close to them living with coeliac disease
You can find me on Instagram @a.gffamily or send an email to email@example.com
You can also find me writing a regular column for The Australian Coeliac magazine under the title A Gluten Free Family released quarterly for Coeliac Australia members.
The content on this podcast is not a substitution for professional medical advice. It is the opinion and experience of the show host or guests. Please seek professional medical advice from a medically qualified professional before making any decisions about your health or diet.
Contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or visit their website here