Manage episode 348560353 series 1397548
Dr. Russell Kennedy, aka “The Anxiety MD” on the origins of anxiety, why it’s there, and how you can heal it for good. Dr. Russ is the author of Anxiety Rx where he shows a practical, actionable program for anxiety relief that incorporates a combination of the latest in neuroscience with the grounding wisdom of the body with the ultimate goal of relieving the anxious thoughts of the mind.
In this epsiode we discuss:
- Why trying to get rid of your anxiety and alarm just makes it worse
- How all anxiety is separation anxiety
- Growing up with a dad with severe schizophrenia
- The role of psychedelics in treating anxiety
- His method
GET HIS BOOKAnxiety Rx: A New Prescription for Anxiety Relief from the Doctor Who Created It
OTHER EPISODES YOU MAY ENJOY
- 312: Unwinding Anxiety with Dr. Jud Brewer
- 317: The Anatomy of Anxiety with Ellen Vora, MD
- 322: Why Anxiety Is Good For You Even Though It Feels Bad with Tracy Dennis-Tiwary
- 326: Befriending Your Nervous-System with Deb Dana
- 153: Anxiety with Dennis Tirch, Ph.D
- 290: Alarmed Aloneness with Sarah Payton
SUPPORT THE SHOW, SHOW YOUR LOVE
- Become a patron on Patreon.com and join 21 exisiting memebers who contribute $121 towards our monthly goal of $500.
- Make a one-time donation in any amount to say “Thank you!”
- Rate or write a review
FULL SHOW NOTES
HOW TO WORK WITH ANNA
I would be thrilled to support you in your parenting journey!
All listeners get 10% off on my services.
GET IN TOUCH
Comments, questions, feedback, and love notes
- USA listeners call 732-763-2576 and leave a voicemail.
- International listeners use the FREE Speak Pipe tool on my website
- Email: email@example.com
Thank you for listening!
Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author