Manage episode 323912051 series 2949111
Do you think yoga is boring, light stretching? The thought of being still make you itch? Jenn and Mik are going through the yoga basics, including the history, types and even exploring a connection with ancient Egypt. Listen to Mik discover a new type that suits him real-time!
Some things we talked about in this episode:
- Interested in the philosophy of yoga? Check out the YOGA SUTRAS OF PUTANJALI*
- Want to learn more about Kemetic Yoga? Check out the Kemetic Yoga Skills website for more information.
- Want to find out more about Bikram yoga and how it all fell apart? Check out the Bikram docuseries on Netflix.
- We’ve talked about Guru Jagat and Kundalini Yoga before, but here’s the Insider article detailing the allegations around her and her yoga studio.
- The types of yoga that we talked about: power yoga, vinyasa yoga, Bikram or hot yoga, ashtanga yoga, restorative yoga and yin yoga.
- Want to learn more about different poses? Yoga Pose is a great website where you can search for specific poses or even find a pose for what’s bothering you. Be sure to pay attention to the warnings on each pose, especially if you have an injury.
Join our Patreon community for more exclusive content.
*Note: As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying Amazon purchases.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/chakrasandshotguns)