Manage episode 290849633 series 2798122
Bridget and Sydney are joined by Spencer Conover of Pasco Animal Services to discuss how he and his team brought their shelter's animal success rate from 25% to 95%, what they've learned from focusing their attention on keeping animals out of shelters rather than what to do when they come in, the power of education and community engagement, and much more.
- How Spencer transitioned from sports journalism to animal welfare
- Seeing the need and becoming a cat person
- Leadership in rescue
- Experimenting with different programs and offerings
- How COVID revealed a new way to do rescue
- Community education and collaboration
- Building strong relationships between rescues and shelters
- Finding the strategies that work well in your community
- And other topics...
Want to connect with us? Follow us on social media!