Manage episode 342053156 series 1857611
Those waterproof & breathability ratings on the tags of that rain jacket or those ski pants you’re about to buy: where did they come from? What’s the history? And how relevant are those standards? We discuss all of this and more with Dr. Lauren Cooper, who heads up our Blister Labs work on technical apparel.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Dr. Cooper’s background (3:37)
- History of standards & ratings (7:23)
- Current Standards (11:11)
- What does the ISO standard tell us? (17:08)
- What doesn’t the ISO standard tell us? (18:05)
- Next Steps (22:36)
- Become a Blister Member / Get Our Buyer’s Guide
- More on Blister Labs
- VIDEO: Blister Labs Panel Session
- Subscribe to our Gear Giveaways & Newsletter
OUR OTHER PODCASTS:
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.