Manage episode 335068485 series 2631136
This week we're expanding on a question received in the weekly Q&A's both myself and Elyse do on our Instagram which is "why should I recover my period if I don't want to get pregnant? What are the benefits of having a menstrual cycle other than fertility?"
We thought it was an amazing topic to expand upon which is why we're dedicating an entire episode to it!
In today's podcast Elyse and I discuss:
- How regaining your cycle can improve your bone health
- What amount of bone you may be able to build back after HA recovery if you have osteopenia or osteoporosis
- The role estrogen plays in cardioprotection and our overall heart health
- The impact regaining your period can have on your libido, sexual health and pleasure
- How recovering from HA and regaining your period will lead to better bladder function (so you're not peeing all the time!)
- Brain boosting effects of estrogen and how this promotes better energy and concentration
- Why regaining your period can also mean more gains in the gym through improved muscular strength and size
- The role progesterone plays in mood regulation
- Benefits of recovering your period on improving your relationship with food and exercise
- Why diving deep and finding your reasons for recovery is so important to staying the course of HA recovery
- Plus we share our own personal reasons for recover and helpful advice for anyone on the fence uncertain about committing to recovery
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you'll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook "31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image"
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Take the next steps towards full recovery by checking out our signature coaching program, Recover and Thrive.
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I'll be sure to reshare.