Manage episode 336565919 series 2631136
When it comes to hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery, there is a lot of emphasis that gets placed on eating enough and reducing exercise, but what about the impact of stress?
Both psychological stress and physical stress can both cause and be a consequence of hypothalamic amenorrhea.
In today's episode we discuss:
- How stress causes hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Whether stress is a contributing factor to your missing period
- The different types of stress out there and how they show up in your life
- The scientific pathways on how stress and stress hormones affect your sex hormones and menstrual cycle
- The interplay between anxiety and hypothalamic amenorhhea recovery
- What to do if you think stress is the cause of your missing period
- Ways to manage your stress during hypothalamic amenorrhea recovery
❤️ Join my newsletter list for weekly motivation and inspiration and you'll also receive a FREE copy of my eBook "31 Ways to Boost Your Body Image"
❤️ Ready to get your period back? Join the next round of Healing Hypothalamic Amenorrhea! This 8-week, hybrid group and 1:1 coaching program is designed to help you recover your period while improving your relationship with food, exercise and your body. Find out details and sign up here: https://sarahlizking.com/healing-ha/
❤️ Take the next steps towards full recovery by checking out our signature coaching program, Recover and Thrive.
❤️ If you enjoyed this episode please leave a 5⭐️ review and share a screenshot on Instagram by tagging myself @sarahlizking and I'll be sure to reshare.