Manage episode 342957886 series 1264716
Sign up for Intelligence Squared Premium here: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/ for ad-free listening, bonus content, early access and much more. See below for details.
Ukraine’s best known novelist Andrey Kurkov joins us to speak about life, literature, and the war in Ukraine, as well as the complexities of the Ukrainian identity. Andrey Kurkov has been hailed as a latter-day Bulgakov and a Ukrainian Murakami, his works injected with an absurdist sense of the oddities of life. But with the unfolding of events in Ukraine this year, his fictional reflections on conflict in his nation have become even more pertinent. Our host for this episode is the BBC’s Chief International Correspondent, Lyse Doucet, who has been covering the conflict in Ukraine since it unfolded in February.
We are incredibly grateful for your support. To become an Intelligence Squared Premium subscriber, follow the link: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/
Here’s a reminder of the benefits you’ll receive as a subscriber:
- Ad-free listening, because we know some of you would prefer to listen without interruption
- One early episode per week
- Two bonus episodes per month
- A 25% discount on IQ2+, our exciting streaming service, where you can watch and take part in events live at home and enjoy watching past events on demand and without ads
- A 15% discount and priority access to live, in-person events in London, so you won’t miss out on tickets
- Our premium monthly newsletter
- Intelligence Squared Merch
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices