The Unravelling of Alex Jones and America's Battle for Truth, with Elizabeth Williamson and Jon Ronson
Manage episode 343126934 series 2806638
Sign up for Intelligence Squared Premium here: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/ for ad-free listening, bonus content, early access and much more. See below for details.
One in five Americans believe that every high profile mass shooting is staged by the government. In this episode New York Times journalist Elizabeth Williamson joins author and filmmaker Jon Ronson to delve into the dark world of conspiracies and examine one of America’s most prominent and controversial theorists, Alex Jones. Elizabeth Williamson joins us from Connecticut where she is reporting on Alex Jones' second defamation trial this year, sued by the parents of the victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting after he repeatedly claimed the tragedy was a hoax.
We are incredibly grateful for your support. To become an Intelligence Squared Premium subscriber, follow the link: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/
Here’s a reminder of the benefits you’ll receive as a subscriber:
- Ad-free listening, because we know some of you would prefer to listen without interruption
- One early episode per week
- Two bonus episodes per month
- A 25% discount on IQ2+, our exciting streaming service, where you can watch and take part in events live at home and enjoy watching past events on demand and without ads
- A 15% discount and priority access to live, in-person events in London, so you won’t miss out on tickets
- Our premium monthly newsletter
- Intelligence Squared Merch
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices