Manage episode 341853357 series 3010446
Sign up for Intelligence Squared Premium here: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/ for ad-free listening, bonus content, early access and much more. See below for details.
Bruce Daisley is one the world’s most respected thought leaders on workplace culture and the future of work. He was Vice-President of Twitter in Europe for 12 years and has four times been voted the ‘fantasy hire’ that most business leaders would like to make. In August 2022 he came to Intelligence Squared to talk about the themes of his new book Fortitude: Unlocking the Secrets of Inner Strength. Dispelling the myth that to succeed in life we need to be tough and self-reliant, he unpicked the overused concept of resilience, explained how it really works, and put forward a new programme for building self-confidence and tenacity. Drawing on his personal experience and recent scientific research, he showed how we can draw on those around us to build confidence and find our inner strength. Our host for today's discussion is Sarah Ellis, co-founder along with Helen Tupper of Amazing If, an award-winning company with a mission to make careers better for everyone. Sarah is also co-host of the Squiggly Careers podcast and has published books including You Coach You.
We are incredibly grateful for your support. To become an Intelligence Squared Premium subscriber, follow the link: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/
Here’s a reminder of the benefits you’ll receive as a subscriber:
- Ad-free listening, because we know some of you would prefer to listen without interruption
- One early episode per week
- Two bonus episodes per month
- A 25% discount on IQ2+, our exciting streaming service, where you can watch and take part in events live at home and enjoy watching past events on demand and without ads
- A 15% discount and priority access to live, in-person events in London, so you won’t miss out on tickets
- Our premium monthly newsletter
- Intelligence Squared Merch
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices