Idina Menzel ON: How to Be Present without Self Judgment or Criticism & The Importance of Consistency to Achieve Your Goals
Manage episode 377019907 series 2850390
What was your biggest dream as a child?
Growing up, did you have the best environment to pursue these dreams? Or did you need to set them aside for a different purpose in life?
Today, Jay sits down with the iconic voice behind Elsa from the film Frozen, Idina Menzel. Idina's other well-known character is Elphaba in the original Broadway production of the musical "Wicked." She co-authored the children's book, Loud Mouse.
One of the big takeaways here is how our dreams and ambitions are like living entities, always changing and growing, just like we are. As we navigate life's various chapters, our goals shift in response to what matters most to us. It's a reminder that it's perfectly okay for our dreams to evolve and expand as we do.
Idina has a way of nudging us to appreciate diverse viewpoints and experiences. The podcast encourages us to embrace this and to seek understanding and connection with others. There's a powerful message about the strength in being open, vulnerable, and compassionate in a world that can sometimes be a bit harsh.
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- How our dreams evolve throughout the years
- How to navigate challenges that come our way
- How to be less self-absorbed in certain situations
- Why understanding someone has limitations
- How to allow your authentic voice to be heard
Ultimately, this conversation is like a friendly nudge to live life on our terms, free from the weight of other people's judgments. It's an invitation to explore our ever-changing perspectives, to find strength in resilience, and to chase our passions with fervor.
With Love and Gratitude,
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:31 What keeps you going these days?
- 06:00 When you start seeing things differently through a different lens
- 08:43 The story of a young girl learning her way with music through experience
- 12:23 How ambition and dreams can evolve through the years
- 16:07 The long developmental process of musical shows
- 19:46 The mission was to show up and never miss a show
- 23:39 How do you find perspective and become less self-absorbed?
- 26:14 How do you stay present in the moment?
- 31:09 How to communicate through differences with parents and children
- 35:55 Idina wrote a children’s book that allows children to be more themselves!
- 40:39 How do you allow your authentic voice to be heard?
- 41:54 What it is like to revisit a character you played years later
- 44:27 Why it is challenging to believe we can walk in someone else’s shoes
- 46:37 Stop worrying about what other people think and live your own life
- Idina Menzel | Website
- Idina Menzel | Instagram
- Idina Menzel | YouTube
- Idina Menzel | Facebook
- Idina Menzel | TikTok
- Loud Mouse
- Drama Queen Digital Album
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.