Manage episode 374581829 series 2484441
How can we navigate the challenges of communication in relationships, especially when faced with difficult conversations?
How can personal growth and self-development impact our relationships, and what challenges might arise from this?
Communication is the lifeblood of any relationship, yet navigating tough conversations can be daunting. And society loves painting relationships with broad strokes, but the canvas of human connection is far more intricate.
Today, I am excited to share the conversation I had with Krista Williams of the Almost 30 podcast. We focused on why nobody teaches us about love and how to give and fully receive it.
Life has a knack for teaching us lessons that craft intimacy but let's not be swayed by the virtual façade. Instead, let's tear down the walls and unearth the truth behind meaningful connections that transcend screens.
Understanding oneself is the gateway to banishing the echoes of loneliness and by exploring love's multi-dimensional essence, we will learn the three focal points that breed growth, trust, and intimacy. We'll uncover the roles we play in relationships and shatter society's molds to find our truth as well as unlock the art of communicating through discomfort.
In this interview, you'll learn:
- The key decisions we make in life
- How to unlock your truth
- The real definition of love
- The different roles we play in any relationship
- How to deal with relationship struggles
- How to set the right intentions
Your journey to self-discovery and enriched connections starts here.
With Love and Gratitude,
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:40 Here are the four important decisions you will keep making in your life
- 07:13 How do you get your relationship right? Maybe, allow life to humble you
- 10:11 The truth is social media doesn’t have much impact on genuine relationships
- 13:38 If you don't feel you understand yourself, you will feel alone
- 19:04 Love doesn’t have one definition, it has three key areas you can focus on
- 25:27 Spark alone doesn’t make a relationship work
- 29:40 Should people marry their bestfriend? Is it a healthy relationship choice?
- 32:00 Everyone grows at a different time and at a different phase
- 37:48 What are the three different roles we play in our relationships?
- 46:34 The projection society has for men and women might not be our truth
- 54:07 Not everyone is going to learn from the resource materials you have learned from
- 01:19:40 Are women going through personal growth, self-development, and work fatigue?
- 01:01:00 This is why making other people your purpose doesn’t work
- 01:04:31 We want to talk about how people behave and or how they act, but we don't want to talk about our intentions
- 01:09:02 People often struggle in a relationship because they don’t know how to talk about hard things
- 01:13:11 Books are not meant to be read, it’s meant to help guide you in difficult and challenging times
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.