Manage episode 371305470 series 1062889
Board certified holistic nutritionist, Judy Cho, struggled with binging and purging cycles and overexercising on a plant-based diet.
At one point, her symptoms became so severe she was sent to an eating disorder facility where she was prescribed antidepressants and antipsychotics.
Nothing seemed to help until she tried an all-meat, Carnivore diet.
Since that time, Judy has experienced a full recovery and written the best-selling book, The Carnivore Cure.
She is now on a mission to teach people about the healing powers of meat, so tune into this week's podcast for her fascinating story and all the juicy details on why meat is important for physical and mental health. Here are some of the highlights…
- The shortcomings of current eating disorder treatments
- The link between vegan diets and mental health
- The origins of our fear around meat
- The dangerous compounds found in plant foods (for certain people)
- Why meat is healing for the brain
- The link between iron issues and brain health
- The link between dietary cholesterol and heart disease risk
- The conditions that may be helped by a carnivore diet
- How to start a carnivore diet
- A day of meals in the life of a carnivore
- How to know if carnivore is right for you
- And so much more!
Judy’s story is fascinating and expertise is invaluable so tune in and don’t forget to share this important information with those you love. Valuable Resources:
Paleovalley Beef Sticks >>> Add 100% Grass Fed & Finished Red Meat to your diet with Paleovalley Beef Sticks HERE!
Nutrition with Judy — Judy Cho >>> Learn more + Get your FREE mini course on how to make the carnivore diet work for you HERE!