Manage episode 373270462 series 1062889
We’ve all heard cows emit more greenhouse gasses than cars and cow farts are destroying the planet, but these often-cited *facts* are simply inaccurate.
Beef can be an environmentally-destructive or environmentally-friendly food depending on how it's raised.
So in this week’s podcast author, attorney and rancher, Nicolette Hahn Niman, busts myths about beef and animal agriculture so you can understand the true environmental and human health consequences of the meat you eat. Here are a few of my favorite topics:
- The environmental consequences of factory farms
- Do cows emit more greenhouse gasses than cars?
- The human health consequences of factory farms
- The banned additives used in factory farms
- The 2 meats almost always raised in factory farms
- The bacterial infection linked to factory farms
- The truth about beef & methane
- The 3 issues with the methane argument
- The benefits of cows for the environment
- Why she gave up vegetarianism
- Why meat helps us age more gracefully
I LOVED this conversation and hope you do, too! Please share this valuable information with anyone you think might benefit.
Paleovalley Beef Sticks >>> Add 100% Grass Fed & Finished Red Meat to your diet with Paleovalley Beef Sticks HERE! Defending Beef: The Ecological & Nutritional Case for Meat by Nicolette Hahn Niman >>> Click HERE to Learn More + Get the Book NOW!