Three Changes in Church Practices (Most of Us) Did Not See Coming – Episode Two: The Rapid Growth in the Number of Teaching Pastors
Manage episode 335699042 series 1601405
It is cliche to say the world is changing. And it is cliche that churches are changing. But churches are indeed changing. Some of the changes were predictable, but some were not. Thom looks at three of the major changes most people did not see coming. In this second of three episodes, he looks at the rapid growth in the number of teaching pastors.
- The first wave of growth took place in larger churches.
- The second wave of growth took place with multi-site churches (often called a campus pastor).
- Became more common as a method of pastoral succession.
- Many of these teaching pastors are “homegrown.”
- Now is becoming more common in smaller churches.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.