Manage episode 348572621 series 2994539
This lifestyle shift could be the catalyst to stop ED in its tracks. Aveda strives to use simple, everyday practices that can improve overall health and vitality. When people start incorporating it into their lives, they may notice physical improvements such as better energy and resilience. Here with me is Dr. Siri Chand Khalsa. Dr. Khalsa has had a life-long interest in mindful living as the basis for long-term vitality of mind, body, and spirit. She completed a residency in Internal Medicine at The Mayo Clinic in 2005 and is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Lifestyle Medicine, and Hospice/Palliative Medicine. She has dedicated her career to promoting an increased understanding in clinical medicine of the link between long-term vitality and the daily choices we make.
Dive into the episode and learn the 3 simple things you should do to stop erectile dysfunction.
[00:01 - 09:03] How Ayurveda and Gut Health Can Help Your Bedroom Performance
• Dr. Khalsa gives an intro to Ayurveda and how it leads to long-term health
• Everyone has their own unique body constitution that should be catered to
• One simple positive impact Ayurveda can have—gut health
[09:04 - 16:32] The Three Areas That Move the Needle Quickly
• Improving gut health is essential for overall health and can be done by modifying the diet
• How sleep (the relationship to light) is the next lifestyle that needs to be shifted to get results
• The importance of managing stress
• Dr. Khalsa explains what she means by “relationship to light”
[16:33 - 24:56] How to Reduce Stress and Improve Sleep
• The use of technology before bedtime has been linked to negative sleep health
• Dr. Khalsa talks about the alternative to using your phone before bed
• How to utilize mindfulness and meditation to decrease stress
[24:57 - 32:46] How to Meditate for Maximum Results
• There are different types of meditation that can be used to manage stress
• How to find the type of meditation that is best for them based on their individual needs
• Why we need to use mindfulness to reattune to our bodies
• A quick word from our sponsor
[32:47 - 39:01] Choose to Utilize Curiosity to Pause and Respond
• Meditation is a remembrance of our thoughts and feelings like a Rolodex
• Dr. Khalsa gives an example of how meditation works to manage thoughts
• How to harness curiosity to respond to situations calmly and rationally
[39:02 - 46:17] Intimacy and Sexual Arousal for Better Performance
• Exploring what intimacy means for you may deepen the arousal
• Intimacy is not just sexual pleasure—it’s also connection, relaxation, and trust
• I talk about the importance of Dr. Khalsa’s philosophy on how it relates to performance
[46:18 - 57:36] The Benefits of a Plant-Based Approach to Your Diet
• Choosing a diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and minimally processed foods
• Dr. Khalsa explains how nutrient-poor diets misinform the body
• What foods to buy to stock up for a plant-based diet and ideas to cook them
[57:37 - 1:02:5] Connecting with Resources to Improve Your Lifestyle
• How to connect with Dr. Khalsa
• Recapping the 3 elements to get better performance
• A reminder to explore intimacy over performance as the key to having a healthy sex life
"Ayurveda is an ancient tradition of medicine. It started in the subcontinent of India as an oral tradition passed down through observation.” - Dr. Siri Chand Khalsa
"If you improve your digestive health, which then improves your sleep, your energy; you become more resilient, and you are feeding your body the nutrient that it needs." - Dr. Siri Chand Khalsa
"The light in and of itself may not be the deciding factor, but it helps create the rhythm for the day that gets you to the outcomes you want." - Dr. Siri Chand Khalsa
“I’m all for achieving your big, audacious goals in life but being able to take that pause and know how to rest, know how to destress is as critical as anything for managing big visions.” - Dr. Siri Chand Khalsa
"When you give yourself this nutrient-dense diet, the information lets the system perform its executive function so much better than the confusing messaging that happens with the standard American diet that's rich in processed food and nutrient-poor." - Dr. Siri Chand Khalsa
You can connect with Dr. Khalsa on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Start creating a renewed vitality in your daily life by going to https://drsirichand.com/.
Want to regain control of your sex life? It’s time to reverse the effects of ED on your life. Join the Modern Man Club and start your road to full recovery and community.
For all links and resources mentioned on the show and where to subscribe to the podcast, please visit https://sexualhealthformenpodcast.com/over-the-counter-ed-pills.
Reveal the FREE treatment most men ignore that solves thousands of erectile dysfunction cases every year, plus the 5 biggest mistakes you must avoid if you want to say goodbye to your ED. Uncover it all in my free ebook, available to download now.
Please Subscribe + Leave a Review to make sure we keep serving up valuable content that leads to results.