Fines for Super League rebels as protests turn violent; Istanbul's CL final in jeopardy; Another Super League row - in golf; Vaccines for all Tokyo athletes & the rest of the week's sports news
Manage episode 291979906 series 2885970
Episode 17 of Sport Unlocked, the podcast analysing the sports news issues with Rob Harris, Martyn Ziegler and Tariq Panja.
On the agenda on May 7, 2021:
- Super League fallout: UEFA begins handing out punishments, with 9 of the rebel clubs accepting fines. But could Barcelona, Real Madrid & Juventus now be banned from the Champions League for not agreeing to UEFA's settlement?
- Violence at Old Trafford: Rob recounts encountering the unrest in protests against the Glazers that forced Manchester United's game against Liverpool to be postponed.
- All-English Champions League final: Istanbul's hosting in jeopardy after England puts Turkey on the red-list of countries with coronavirus concerns.
- Olympics & Paralympics: Tokyo's coronavirus emergency extended but a deal's done to get all athletes vaccines.
- And the other Super League: Row over the Saudi-backed golf project.
Please rate, review and subscribe. And send any questions to the team on Twitter @SportUnlocked
No Love by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyadenCreative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_no-loveMusic promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/JgXz25Tw5d4