Infantino & FIFA - World Cups every 2 years?; president on Super League collusion claims; new Qatar human rights Qs. Plus UEFA's FFP changes & Tokyo Games update
Manage episode 293107038 series 2885970
Episode 19 of Sport Unlocked, the podcast analysing the sports news issues with Rob Harris, Martyn Ziegler and Tariq Panja. On the agenda on May 21, 2021, we go in depth on Gianni Infantino and his presidency of FIFA:
- Why is he now eyeing World Cups every two years?
- Why did he evade questions on his links to the Super League for so long to us? He now denies colluding with the breakaway while acknowledging talks. We'll analyse what he told a virtual news conference.
- Why is he filming promotional videos for celebrity chef Salt Bae and the Saudi government?
- And why can't FIFA find a chief communications officer?
- Plus new questions over human rights in Qatar ahead of the 2022 World Cup.
- Also an update on UEFA's plans for changes to Financial Fair Play.
- And there's an update on the coronavirus concerns and the Tokyo Games.
Please rate, review and subscribe. And send any questions to the team on Twitter @SportUnlocked
No Love by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyadenCreative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_no-loveMusic promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/JgXz25Tw5d4