Manage episode 376963781 series 2152854
Jillian Leslie uncovers the secret truths about selling, and why it's so uncomfortable for most of us.
Jillian talks about how selling is a skill that everyone engages in whether we realize it or not. She shares that we are always selling, even if it's not for money. Any time we try to influence someone's behavior, we are selling.
Jillian's Four-Part Series on Selling
This is episode 1 in Jillian's four-part series on concrete strategies for becoming more comfortable with selling.
This series is designed to help you evolve your strategies and mindset so you feel comfortable selling your own products and services.
- Personality Quiz: What Digital Product Should I Create?
- MiloTree Pop-Up App
- Join My Blogger Genius Email List
- Catch My Party
- Become a Blogger Genius Facebook Group
- MiloTreeCart Affiliate Program
- All Blogger Genius Podcast Episodes
Subscribe to the Blogger Genius Podcast:
Main Takeaways of the Episode
- The Universality of Selling
- Everyone is selling, consciously or not.
- It's importaint to recognize and honethis skill for various aspects of life.
- The Discomfort of Selling
- Acknowledge that selling often feels awkward and uncomfortable.
- The goal is to get beyond the common emotional hurdles people experience selling.
- Selling as a Muscle
- Selling is a skill that can be developed over time.
- Comparison to physical exercise like running on a treadmill: the more you do it, the easier it becomes.
- Ethics and Self-Perception in Selling
- Selling does not make you a bad person.
- Especially for women, selling is not manipulative but a way to be compensated for providing value.
- Personality Types and Selling
- It is not true that only certain personality types are suited for selling.
- Diverse personality traits can be leveraged in sales.
- Failure as Information
- If no one buys what you’re offering, it’s not a reflection of your worth.
- Unsuccessful sales attempts provide valuable information for strategy adjustment.
- The Importance of Speed and Imperfection
- Quick action wins always over prolonged planning.
- "B minus" work moves you forward.
- The metaphor of a miner: If one area you are digging in doesn’t yield gold, the lesson is to try digging someplace else.
Other related Blogger Genius Podcast episodes you’ll enjoy:
- 5 Tips to Get Out of Your Own Way and Sell with Joy with Jillian Leslie
- Crush Social Media Anxiety and Build a Thriving Online Presence with Lauren Litt
- The 13 Superpowers of the Most Successful Entrepreneurs with Jillian Leslie
MiloTreeCart, the Best Tool for Non-Techies to Sell Digital Products
I also want to introduce you to the MiloTreeCart, a tool designed for non-techies to sell digital products easily. It comes with features like fill-in-the-blank sales pages, check-out pages, a sales dashboard, upsells, and customer support.
MiloTreeCart is currently available for a lifetime deal of $349 or three easy installments of $116.33. Plus, there’s a limited-time offer of a one-hour free coaching call for those who purchase before the end of September.