#17: Transforming The Human Learning Experience Through Virtual Reality; The Experience of Education Post COVID - Zach Medina
Manage episode 293052660 series 2849075
Today, Eric Schleien sits down with his guest, chief operations officer of Viral Ideas, Zach Medina. In this episode, they talk about the need to get into the 3D digital market, the skills and equipment required for VR and Augmented Reality, and the potential innovations to come out of them.
Zach also discusses how businesses and the academe should invest in computers and other technological advances. He believes that companies have to get with the times and plan for the future if they want to survive. Take online classes, for instance. They no longer have to be just a zoom call with a teacher. Schools should aim for more interactive online courses to keep their students interested in learning at all. Time and time again, technology has proven to be a great learning tool for students, and it is about time schools caught on.
Tune in to Eric and Zach’s discussion on why people are often afraid of technological advances and how it relates to why humanity is not innovating as much as it could. The two debate whether artificial intelligence is capable of creativity and whether advancing them would benefit or threaten humankind. Zach believes that people are wasting their potential to innovate even further, hence why, in Viral Ideas, they aim to play a role in the 3D market in hopes of advancing humanity even further.
About Zach Medina
Zach Medina is the chief operations officer of Viral Ideas Marketing. The company provides a scalable way to produce content through its corporate video solutions, including corporate video production, on-demand video editing, and in-house video training. He also co-founded the on-demand video editing service, Flixation, making it easy for clients to spread their message.
Before Viral Ideas and Flixation, Zach was the owner of Philadelphia App Solutions and Shockwavez Entertainment. He also volunteered at the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. This 501 non-profit organization helped children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with volunteer mentors. Mr. Medina graduated with a degree in Business Administration (BA), Management and Marketing, at the Penn State University.Show Notes
- [04:56] What Zach has been up to and what Viral Ideas Marketing’s current projects are.
- [07:18] Getting into the 3D market and testing the waters in VR and Augmented Reality.
- [09:28] How investing in computers and other technological advances are the future of education and businesses.
- [13:18] Where Zach sees his company in playing a role in the new future of education.
- [16:02] How he ended up joining forces with David Feinman to create Viral Ideas.
- [17:45] Why restaurants and other food businesses should invest in online marketing.
- [21:20] The most significant lesson Zach learned throughout his career and how he and David compliment each other.
- [26:29] The skills and equipment required in 3D and VR experiences and how long until it becomes the norm.
- [30:00] Why technological advances often scare us and how it relates to our “survival” brain.
- [34:54] The design factor of VR and Augmented Reality experiences and the potential innovations to come out of it.
- [39:45] Debating over whether AI’s are capable of “creativity” and whether computers are our partners or competition.
- [44:14] How humanity is wasting its potential to innovate even further and what we can do to change that.
Zach Medina’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zach-medina-6b79075a/
Viral Ideas Website: https://viralideasmarketing.com/
Flixation Website: https://flixation.co/About Eric Schleien
Over the past decade, Eric has trained thousands of individuals, including board members of public companies and several Fortune 500 CEOs. He specializes in organizational culture and has become a leading authority on corporate culture in the investment industry.
Eric has been investing for 15 years and has been using breakthrough coaching methodologies for over a decade. He had the insight to combine proven coaching methodologies with shareholder activism techniques to create an entirely new model for shareholder activism that was more reliable, making more significant and more sustainable results in a short period. On average, Tribal Leadership produces a 3-5x increase in profits of culturally troubled companies within an average of 24 months or less. Nowadays, Eric resides in Philadelphia, PA.Connect with Eric Schleien