Manage episode 302833819 series 2966082
In today’s episode, we discuss the impact of diet on inflammation.
There are two types of inflammation: acute and chronic. Acute inflammation manifests in situations such as getting a cut on your body. In cases like these, acute inflammation is a good thing as the feedback you get tells you right away what to steer clear of to avoid pain.
In this conversation, we’ll be addressing the chronic variety. As the saying goes, “You are what you eat,” and when it comes to chronic inflammation, the foods that we consume are oftentimes the main culprit.
Research shows us that chronic inflammation puts us at a higher risk for a wide variety of medical conditions, including obesity, heart disease, depression, anxiety, diabetes, certain cancers, and many more.
Listen in as we look into eight popular foods that can cause inflammation and the nutrient and antioxidant-rich foods and supplements to replace them with.
In this episode, we talk about…
● [01:57] What is “inflammation” and why should you be concerned about it?
● [04:42] #1: High-fructose corn syrup.
● [05:04] #2: Artificial trans fats.
● [05:50] #3: Refined carbohydrates.
● [06:28] #4: Excessive alcohol intake.
● [07:16] #5: Omega-6 fatty acids.
● [07:48] #6: Processed meats.
● [07:59] #7 & #8: Gluten and dairy.
● [09:28] Anti-inflammatory foods and supplements to incorporate into your diet.
● [12:23] Eat the rainbow: Nutrient and antioxidant-rich foods.
Join our private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/www.thefitnessnutritionistscorner/
Visit our website:
Check us out on Instagram: