Manage episode 303918603 series 2631913
Do you notice when PCOS is talked about, often there’s a lot of focus on the physical burdens of PCOS? While these are absolutely awful to deal with (I’ve been there!), there’s also so much that people don’t see. That’s the thing that can make PCOS so isolating.
People can see the weight gain but no one sees the countless doctors appointments where you’re told ‘just lose weight, eat less, move more’ (like it’s that easy!) and coming out of them so frustrated and sitting in your car in tears. People can see the acne but no one sees the times where you’re looking at your skin in the bathroom mirror teary-eyed. No one sees the tests that come back ‘normal’, when your body feels anything but.
People don’t see the breakdowns at yet another negative pregnancy test, the constant appointments with fertility specialists that drain you physically, emotionally and financially, the feelings of being out of control of your body, the devastating feeling of miscarrying and wondering why… the feeling of having to hold a brave face in front of everyone else but feeling so upset and confused by why your body ‘hates you’.
You’re just searching for something that’ll help you get a grasp on why you have these symptoms and why nothing seems to have worked. This podcast is going to delve into that a bit more with Protocoler, Tess.
I know it’s really hard to understand whether or not something may work for you and you’ve probably been let down many times before. That’s why we’re offering free discovery calls to chat through whether we’re a good fit for you, what your barriers are with trying something new and what we can do to help. If you get into the protocol and work through the first 14 days of modules (completing all the coursework and modules) and you don’t get value or feel like you haven’t learned anything new, we’ll promptly refund the money you’ve paid us (minus any transaction fees).
So what’s stopping you? It’s time to figure out your root cause, learn how to make sustainable changes that you can maintain for years (not weeks! there’s no fast fad diets here!) and finally feel in control of your symptoms.
To book a free discovery call with one of our team, click here.
This episode is for you if:
- You struggle with unexplained weight gain
- Your tests keep coming back normal but your symptoms would suggest otherwise
- You are struggling with conceiving
- Your periods are SO irregular
- Acne is a problem for you
- You’ve experienced miscarriages as part of your fertility journey
Some things we cover in this episode:
- Tess’ PCOS journey
- Unexplained weight gain
- Cystic acne
- Fertility challenges — not just for her first, but also second child
- Very low milk supply
- Miscarriage and low progesterone
Resources and References:
- 22: Is breast really best? Breastfeeding and PCOS – the things you need to know
- 64: What you need to know about pelvic floor health (and no it’s not just for those that are postpartum) with Caitlin Day (The Vagina Physio)
- 68: All about Progesterone: why it may be low, why it’s important and how to improve your levels with Dr. Samina Mitha
- The Vagina Physio
- My Book: Getting Pregnant with PCOS