Manage episode 296882842 series 164106
Revenue doesn’t always equate to business profit. As entrepreneurs, we have the power to create intelligent accounting practices that include profit as a priority when money begins coming in. Being profitable is a common struggle for new and established businesses. When business owners are minorities, some of the usual efforts come with additional challenges.
Susanne Mariga is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Tax Coach (CTC), and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA). She has over two decades of accounting experience and worked at Arthur Andersen and KPMG before founding her firm. She is the host of The Profit Talk podcast and the author of Profit First for Minority Business Enterprises.
I have an enlightening conversation with Susanne about the profit first system and some of the unique challenges minority business owners have. We talk about the five-step accounting system that makes up the profit first system. This system ensures there is profit along with covered expenses and owner’s pay. She also shares her journey and the importance of mindset, overcoming obstacles, and the road to generational wealth.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Susanne Mariga thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Join 18,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive
The Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here!
Guest Contact –
- Susanne Mariga
- Profit First for Minority Business Enterprises
- Mariga CPA
- The Profit Talk
- Susanne Mariga LinkedIn
- Susanne Mariga Instagram
- Susanne Mariga Facebook
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complementary resources to help you-
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.