Manage episode 307778594 series 1552343
In this episode of the Nutrient Management Podcast, we discuss fertilizer prices and supply chain issues. Extension educator Brad Carlson is joined by: Jim Carlson, Vice President of Agronomy at United Farmer's Co-op in Winthrop, Minnesota; Russ Quinn, ag market reporter for DTN/The Progressive Farmer and a farmer in eastern Nebraska; and Josh Linville, Director of Fertilizer at StoneX Financial.
- Where are fertilizer prices right now and how do they compare to the recent past?
- Why are fertilizer prices so high right now?
- What are price ratios and why is this an important metric to watch?
- How are farmers reacting to the high prices and fertilizer availability concerns?
- What should growers be thinking about in terms of fertilizer purchasing decisions and nutrient management planning this fall and next spring?