Manage episode 302757593 series 2122070
Do you wonder what you “should” weigh? Where did that “should” come from anyway? Who or what determines whether someone is a healthy weight, overweight or obese? Is BMI legit? How do you know when you’re at a healthy weight for you?
All bodies are different. Every body has its own naturally healthy weight range. I can’t tell you what that is, but I can give you an idea about how to figure yours out. Do you already have an idea what you think your weight “should” be? Where did that idea come from?
In this episode, I discuss:
- Whether Body Mass Index is a legitimate measure of a healthy weight;
- What factors play into determining your weight;
- What set point is and whether you can alter it;
- How dieting negatively affects your ability to change your weight; and
- How you can determine what is a healthy weight for you.
If you enjoy this episode, please feel free to rate and review the podcast on whatever app you’re listening on, and share with a friend!