Benjie Gillam on PostGraphile, The GraphQL Foundation, Independence From Facebook, Supporting Open Source, and beyond.
Manage episode 334395895 series 1424542
Hear Benjie Gillam's perspective on:
- The many different models for open source
- Dropping out of computer science classes
- What the early GraphQL community was like
- The Momentum of GraphQL
- The independence from Meta
- The GraphQL Foundation
- The GraphQL Working Group
- The upcoming PostGraphile release
- Open source sponsoring
- The widespread benefits of supporting open source work
- Why he almost became a math professor
- and much more…
Benjie Gillam is a community-funded open source developer and maintainer of PostGraphile from the UK. He's also a GraphQL Technical Steering Committee member, and a GraphQL trainer and consultant. Tune in to learn about his perspective on all things PostGraphile, GraphQL, working on open source, and the GraphQL Foundation.