From Tokyo, the challenges facing the pandemic Olympics as Tokyo organisers are hit by another scandal. Also, Ruby League World Cup turmoil & updating on Man City's court case with the Premier League
Manage episode 298129424 series 2885970
From the Tokyo Olympics, it's episode 27 of Sport Unlocked, the podcast dissecting the week's sports news issues with interviews and insight from Rob Harris, Martyn Ziegler and Tariq Panja. We're also joined by Mike Keegan.
On the agenda on July 23, 2021:
- What life is like at the pandemic Olympics and the challenges facing the delayed 2020 Games.
- The latest organising committee scandal leading to a resignation ahead of the opening ceremony.
- The controversy over the awarding of the 2032 Olympics and Paralympics to Brisbane and the conduct of Australian Olympic chief John Coates.
- Away from Japan, there's turmoil facing the Rugby League World Cup after Australia and New Zealand withdraw from the event England is due to host in October over coronavirus concerns.
- An update on the Premier League's court action against Manchester City in the Football Leaks fallout
- And cricket debuts a new format - it's the Hundred.
Send any questions to the team on Twitter @SportUnlocked
No Love by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyadenCreative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_no-loveMusic promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/JgXz25Tw5d4