Hear from football lawmakers IFAB, Infantino Africa meddling, Johnson World Cup bidding intervention, Euros hosts' doubts, Barca crisis, Inter cash fears, horse racing scandal & 2032 Olympics update
Manage episode 286693494 series 2885970
It's episode seven of the podcast digesting and analysing the week in sports news with Rob Harris and Martyn Ziegler joined by Tariq Panja. On the agenda on March 5, 2021:
- Hear from football lawmakers IFAB - with Gianni Infantino defending VAR, Pierluigi Collina on new offside technology and David Elleray on handball changes.
- African football expert Osasu Obayiuwana on Infantino meddling in the continent as a new CAF president is election.
- Boris Johnson's World Cup bidding intervention. What prospect of success is there for the British and Irish for the 2030 tournament?
- Why three cities could be cut from the European Championship hosting this year.
- Barcelona crisis intensifies with arrests.
- Inter Milan uncertainty as the ownership halts operations as their Chinese club.
- New row over 2032 Olympics being effectively awarded to Brisbane with Germany and Qatar speaking out.
- Investigation into the conduct of a top football agent.
- And a scandal in British horse racing with a trainer banned for being pictured sitting on a horse
Please rate, review and subscribe. And send any questions to the team on Twitter @SportUnlocked
No Love by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyaden
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_no-love
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/JgXz25Tw5d4