Manage episode 355701508 series 3361521
In this episode of Tennis Is Life, former world No. 9 CoCo Vandeweghe sits down with Kevin Skinner, Jared Carstenn, and Ben Goldsmith for this insightful interview. In this episode we discuss:
1. The mental challenges of embarking on a comeback
2. CoCo's family history in sports and competitions and the pressure to live up to expectations
3. How and why she become a pro tennis player
4. How CoCo remains her authentic self in an individual sport
5. How to deal with loneliness on tour away from family and friends
6. Hawaii adventures and making new memories
This interview was recorded on December 17, 2022, after the Waikiki 株塾 Cup, a three-day tennis event held in Waikiki, Hawaii. This interview was recorded in the lobby of the Outrigger Reef, which was the 2022 Official Resort & Hotel Partner of the Waikiki 株塾 Cup.
CoCo Vandeweghe won the Waikiki 株塾 Cup Women’s Singles title against Claire Liu. Liu took the first set, but Vandeweghe came back in a thrilling 10-point tiebreak set to win 4-6, 6-4, 11-9.
Season 2 of "Tennis Is Life" is airing new episodes! For announcements on airings, follow the @WaikikiCup social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.