Manage episode 356962365 series 3361521
In this episode of Tennis Is Life, brought to you by the Waikiki Cup, U.S, men's tennis stars Mackie McDonald and Jenson Brooksby sit down with Kevin Skinner, Jared Carstenn, and Ben Goldsmith for this insightful interview.
In this episode we discuss:
1. What do Mackie and Jenson think the exhibition match results at the 2022 Waikiki 株塾 Cup (December 17, 2022) foreshadows about the rest of the year? Did it bring to focus anything to improve on for 2023?
2. Was the exhibition match a friendly match, even with some "tough" points?
3. Are Mackie and Jenson feeling the American bump, with so many American men rising in the rankings? What is the vibe within the American players vs. other countries?
4. Is there pressure to "be the guy" who is a top American tennis player again?
5. The 2022 Waikiki Cup was Brooksby' s first exhibition. What did he think about it?
6. What is one goal to accomplish in 2023?
This interview was recorded on December 17, 2022, after the Waikiki 株塾 Cup, a three-day tennis event held in Waikiki, Hawaii. This interview was recorded in the lobby of the Outrigger Reef, which was the 2022 Official Resort & Hotel Partner of the Waikiki 株塾 Cup.
The Men’s Singles match of the 2022 Waikiki Cup was a competitive match with Mackenzie winning both sets over Jenson Brooksby, 6-4, 6-2. Prior to the men's singles match, Claire Liu and Mackenzie McDonald defeated CoCo Vandeweghe and Jenson Brooksby 7-5 in a wildly entertaining mixed doubles set.
Season 2 of "Tennis Is Life" is airing new episodes! For announcements on airings, follow the @WaikikiCup social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.