Manage episode 344214280 series 1391411
Docusaurus maintainer Sébastien Lorber joins Jerod & Amal for a deep-dive on everybody’s favorite documentation generator. It’s back with a big 2.0 release, boasts some big users, and has a big set of new features such as document versioning, a plugin architecture, and more.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 6 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Retool – The low-code platform for developers to build internal tools — Some of the best teams out there trust Retool…Brex, Coinbase, Plaid, Doordash, LegalGenius, Amazon, Allbirds, Peloton, and so many more – the developers at these teams trust Retool as the platform to build their internal tools. Try it free at retool.com/changelog
- Sourcegraph – Transform your code into a queryable database to create customizable visual dashboards in seconds. Sourcegraph recently launched Code Insights — now you can track what really matters to you and your team in your codebase. See how other teams are using this awesome feature at about.sourcegraph.com/code-insights
- Sébastien Lorber – Twitter, GitHub
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Amal Hussein – Twitter, GitHub
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - Opener
(00:48) - Sponsor: Raygun
(02:47) - Intro
(03:36) - Welcoming Sebastien
(05:57) - Getting a freelance gig with Meta
(07:25) - Benefits of working in the open
(10:23) - Sebatien's role on the project
(11:58) - Meta freelancer details
(14:07) - The history of Docusaurus
(18:08) - Jekyll & Hugo release dates
(19:34) - Why a big rewrite?
(22:49) - Sponsor: Retool
(23:47) - SPA vs MPA
(26:35) - What's so funny, Amal?
(27:45) - Conservative pre-caching
(29:05) - Back to V2 features
(39:26) - Big sites using Docusaurus
(40:15) - Documentation versioning!
(44:32) - Sponsor: Sourcegraph
(49:09) - The plugin architecture
(55:54) - Distributing plugins
(58:30) - The community
(1:00:59) - Praise for Docusaurus
(1:04:45) - Getting started
(1:05:07) - Sweating the details
(1:06:09) - This Week in React
(1:06:53) - A multi-lingual newsletter!
(1:08:28) - Closing time 👋
(1:09:02) - Outro