Manage episode 317559403 series 1391411
Swyx is known for learning in public, and he joins the party to teach Ali and Nick about what he’s been working on with Temporal IO, what it is, and why he’s excited about it. We also talk about his role as Director of Developer Experience, including what developer experience is, how to do it, and what goals to set.
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Retool – Retool is a low-code platform built specifically for developers that makes it fast and easy to build internal tools. Instead of building internal tools from scratch, the world’s best teams, from startups to Fortune 500s, are using Retool to power their internal apps. Learn more and try it for free at retool.com/changelog
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with no ads, extended episodes, outtakes, bonus content, a deep discount in our merch store (soon), and more to come. Let’s do this!
- Shawn Wang – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Ali Spittel – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- Changelog 467: Connecting the dots in public
- Netlify functions
- The All Powerful Front End Developer - Chris Coyier
- Guillermo Rauch on Twitter
- React Suspense
- React Server Components
- AWS SQS
- Collision Installation
- Temporal TypeScript API
- Swyx thread on Temporal
- The Web is the only modern programming platform
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!