Manage episode 375812824 series 2484441
Ever find yourself yearning for a deeper bond with those around you?
Creating deeper connections doesn't have to be an exhausting or daunting task.
We can still create connections in the simplest most ordinary ways if we make time for it and show sincerity.
From the hustle and bustle of everyday life to the moments of solitude, we'll uncover the secrets to forging relationships that stand the test of time. Your social life doesn't have to feel like a performance – let's make it a celebration.
Let's explore how broadening your emotional language can be the key to unlocking a world of deeper connections. Say goodbye to surface-level chatter and say hello to discussions that spark genuine connections. From sharing smiles with strangers to using technology to our advantage, each habit is a stepping stone to deeper relationships.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to bridge connection gap
- How to tune into yourself before making connections
- How to be more vocal about your emotions
- How to make new memories with old friends
- How to start engaging conversations
Hope you're able to genuinely connect with someone today. Let's make every connection count!
With Love and Gratitude,
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:36 Do you sometimes feel lonely, or disconnected from the people around you?
- 07:58 Habit #1: Check in with yourself - Does your social life start to feel like work or when your social life feels like it's non-existent?
- 14:14 Habit #2: Expand your emotional vocabulary - If you wanna see, hear, and understand and value other people better, you need to expand your emotional vocabulary
- 17:56 Habit #3: Old new and new old - While we use nostalgia to build connection, try to build new memories with an old friend
- 20:44 Habit #4: Ask interesting questions - Go for more open and fascinating questions that won’t pressure other people to answer
- 23:05 Habit #5: Deep versus shallow time - Take the time to invest in creating a small group where you can build deeper connections
- 26:07 Habit #6: Look for patterns and connections where others don’t see them
- 27:20 Habit #7: Smile at strangers and say hello creates an energy for small moments of connection
- 28:40 Habit #8: Use technology to your advantage and connect with people you haven’t talked with in a while or reconnect with them anytime
- 30:04 Habit #9: Giving creates connect - When you give someone a part of you, a piece of you, a truth about you, it allows you to connect with them
- 30:52 Habit #10: Invite people for ordinary tasks - It’s okay to spend time with people in boring ways and connect with them
- 31:34 Habit #11: Connecting with people in all ages
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.