Manage episode 375121636 series 3479049
Alright, today I’m joined by TJ Van Gerven, who is a fee-only financial planner and a CFP®. TJ and I launched their RIAs at about the same time in 2018, and have connected lots since then. TJ works with Equity Compensated Professionals at his firm, Modern Wealth Builders. We discuss RIA ownership and bitcoin in this episode.
- What has been the biggest learning lesson in launching Modern Wealth Builders for TJ?
- His non-consensus view as a financial planner
- How his thoughts on bitcoin have evolved.
- Why self-custody matters.
- How to think about bitcoin - money/investment asset/other.
- Talking about bitcoin to clients vs. owning it yourself.
- Is bitcoin just digital gold?
- AND so much more!
Want to learn more about bitcoin as a financial advisor and earn CFP® CE?