Social media boycott; Super League fallout as Spanish clubs cling on & what's next; PL TV rights; Tokyo Olympics update; Indian Premier League COVID concerns
Manage episode 291179729 series 2885970
Episode 16 of Sport Unlocked, the podcast analysing the sports news issues with Rob Harris, Martyn Ziegler and Tariq Panja.
On the agenda on April 30, 2021:
- Football's social media boycott: We take you inside the meetings with social media companies with PFA head of equalities Simone Pound who tells us this could be the first boycott of many if action isn't taken to stop racism.
- Super League fallout: The curious case of the Spanish media, powerful football elites & unbridled support for the disastrous Super League. Plus what happens next with changes to the Champions League and what did Ed Woodward discuss in Downing Street?
- Premier League TV rights: An extension of the existing deals in Britain is on the cards as BT Sport is considered for sale.
- Arsenal takeover: What's the prospect of a takeover by Spotify CEO Daniel Ek?
- Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics: Updated coronavirus controls.
- Indian Premier League: Players withdraw over COVID concerns.
Please rate, review and subscribe. And send any questions to the team on Twitter @SportUnlocked
No Love by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyaden
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_no-love
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/JgXz25Tw5d4