Manage episode 374192907 series 2989039
Change is the only constant, and in this fast-paced world, we strive to keep up with its relentless flow.
How can we train our minds to embrace discomfort and uncertainty, unlearning the inner voice that holds us back from taking action?
Today, I welcome Ariel Emanuel, the Chief Executive Officer of Endeavor (NYSE: EDR), a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC®.
In this conversation, we are going into a transformative journey, exploring the power of releasing anger, and understanding the shifting objectives that shape our lives.
Learn practical strategies to embrace growth and train our minds to be comfortable with discomfort, allowing us to navigate change with grace and resilience, unlearn the habit of silencing the inner voice that blocks us from taking action, and challenge societal definitions of success and explore the importance of defining our own path and purpose.
You will learn:
- How to embrace discomfort and be comfortable with it
- When to start listening to your inner voice
- Why anger is unproductive
- How to shift your mindset and relearn contentment
- How to seize opportunities to create the life you desire
- Why we need to pursue health and wellness
Let us awaken the wisdom within us and live a life aligned with our truest values and aspirations.
With Love and Gratitude,
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:50 Change is happening a lot faster nowadays and we’re trying to keep up to it
- 02:03 How can you train your mind to be comfortable with discomfort?
- 04:49 Unlearning how to not listen to your inner voice that’s stopping you from taking action
- 07:27 Anger can only get you to a certain point but there’s nothing more to it
- 12:36 Did you grow up with a stack of objectives that has changed overtime?
- 13:50 We don’t often realize when we’re no longer in a competitive state and we find it difficult to shift our mindset
- 19:17 What’s the difference between success and contentment?
- 21:13 “Life is not a dress rehearsal, you better get to where you want to get to.”
- 24:03 How do you build something from scratch and without enough funding?
- 26:45 Recalling a life event that has completely changed the trajectory of your life
- 32:14 How do you operate your life? Do you allow others' definition of success to dictate your life?
- 36:19 “It’s not about living forever, it’s about being healthy while you live.”
- 39:21 What types of therapies are you taking interest in?
- 41:37 When you’re making high risk decisions, what do you do? How do you prepare?
- 45:15 How do you create a space for talents to be able to freely create their content?
- 48:21 The shift from a full workforce at the office to people having the option to work from home
- 50:28 What has been the biggest failure in your life?
- 53:00 How do you get out of the I-got-to-jump-and-respond state?
- 54:15” You have to work hard and you have to show up.”
- 56:43 Ariel on Final Five
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.