Manage episode 354568039 series 3397888
In this episode, we are talking about the #1 thing you can do to make sure tomorrow is a productive and awesome day.
I’m sure you know the importance of a good morning routine.
But what you may not know is that a rock-solid morning routine – the kind that kickstarts you and your day for maximum focus and to feel more in control, calm, and like the rockstar that you are…
It doesn’t start where you think.
If you truly want to own your day, you must first own the night before.
Hours before you even lay your head on your pillow, your decisions have either set you up for success or they have set you up to fail.
Your brain is primed to be the most productive during the first 2-4 hours of the day. That’s why I want you to get serious about how you set yourself up the night before.
This episode is packed with research-backed tactics, specific advice, and the four science-backed components of the best evening routine.
And this is also one of those tough-love, hit you with the common-sense, friend-to-friend conversations that you know and love from me.
Take my free 5-day challenge – The Wake Up Challenge – to walk you through getting started with these tools: www.melrobbins.com/wakeup.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 1:30: Here’s where your morning routine should REALLY begin.
- 2:30: Are you losing your next day by revenge procrastinating?
- 5:00: Here’s what my evenings used to look like. Can you relate?
- 10:00: Not getting out of bed with the first alarm? Here’s what you’re telling yourself every time you hit the snooze.
- 13:40: The way your morning starts is the lead domino for your day.
- 17:00: The secret to having a great morning is this.
- 19:30: Rule #1: The 3-2-1 Method that will help you get a great night’s sleep.
- 21:30: Rule #2: The Mindset Flip. This is how you make your life easier.
- 22:15: I do this at night so I get to the gym in the morning.
- 25:45: Rule #3: Feel way more empowered about your day if you do this.
- 28:15: No more excuses. Do this tonight.
- 30:00: Rule #4: This is where most of us get our mornings wrong.
- 33:30: Flip how you think about the alarm and you’ll shift your whole day.
- 36:40: I feel so strongly about this last hack because you allow the world to steal your attention and you deserve better.
- 39:15: I got a little worked up here, but it’s because I have regrets.
For episodes notes and resources, go to melrobbins.com/podcast
This podcast is not meant to be a substitute for therapy and is for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is my passion, however, to bring you free and accessible content that can help you change your life for the better.