Manage episode 376860373 series 2789941
Oooh, am I excited to share this conversation with you! I'm delighted to introduce the wonderful Steph Le Gros on today's episode of SelfKind with Erica Webb (that's me!). This conversation is deeply relatable, hugely insightful and hopefully gives you space to contemplate the roles of people-pleasing, self-awareness and self-acceptance in your life.
In this episode, Steph is sharing pieces of her own story - and, ultimately, what led her to hit pause on her professional life over a year ago in order to devote herself to exploring rest, ritual, writing and rewriting the stories she had told herself over the past forty years.
I felt truly honoured to be in conversation with Steph and to hear her describe and articulate the inner experiences that led to this decision and how that year has unfolded. It's a deep privilege to share that with you.
In this episode you will hear:
- Why Steph feels she is writing a whole new book, not just a new chapter of her life.
- The transition Steph made from being a self-confessed people-pleaser to adopting a very different mindset that centres her needs, desires and unique self.
- The profound impact motherhood had on Steph's self-identity .
- Why choosing not to fit into anyone else's ideals was so liberating for Steph .
- The role of ritual and the significance of self-trust within the ritual space (plus the gift that is Cacao in Steph's life).
- The profound questions Steph uses to meet herself as she is each and every day and why they are so different to other approaches she has used in the past.
- The difference between choosing to resources yourself through self-care versus ticking self-care off the to-do list (and how to choose and commit to the former).
I hope you enjoy tuning into this conversation as much as I enjoyed having it!
Know someone who'd love this conversation too? Share it with them!
About Steph Le Gros:
Devoted to living a life of rest, ritual, writing and rewriting the stories we tell ourselves, Steph, mama to three little humans, resides in Nelson, NZ. She weaves in her experience as a cacao facilitator, yoga teacher, personal trainer, health coach and poet into her offerings.
Connect with Steph:
Visit Steph on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/cacao_conversations
Share your thoughts with me over on Instagram or via my website.
Want the video version? Come follow over on YouTube.
Let's stay in touch! You can sign up to my newsletter, Simple Shifts to SelfKind Habits, here.
Curious about working together? Find all the details here.